Saturday, January 17, 2009

History this and that

Grandpa,

We looked at a bunch of pictures from the hard times in the 30's and I learned a lot about the dust bowl. It was really hard for people to grow crops and run a farm. I learned how Roosevelt came in and his wife helped feed kids. He helped grow trees and come up with photographers.

We looked at time lines from Bible times all the way to the 1900's until it got to 2000. We talked about what took place with the Romans, the beginning, and Adam and Eve and how man came to Earth. Henry Ford invented the cars and wanted everyone to have one. 1928 the New York budget started to go down. Many banks started to close. We saw lots of presidents and about Harry Truman, Roosevelt, Hoover, Nixon, and other interesting things in American History.

What I should I study next? Should I go back to the Cowboys in 1800's and start from there and skip 1930's when I get there?

I will watch the innaguaration on Tuesday. Will Obama be a good president? Have a good week.

I love you,

Isaac

No comments:

Post a Comment