James White came to TN with his sons and his servants to TN. He founded the town of Knoxville, TN. He came to TN because he got paid for his service in the Revolutionary war with that land. I think it's amazing that the house is still there and James White lived it in so many years ago!
I liked the tool room because they used to have coal to heat the house and a blower. I liked seeing the arrowheads, and holding the gun. All the furniture was really neat to see it is so old. I didn't like that the kids used to get their mouth washed out with soap. There was an outhouse in the yard where they went to the bathroom and I saw cobwebs in there.
The kids' t.v. in the old days was looking out the window and seeing the grass, stars, skies and fields. The radio was listening to what grown up were saying about the war, past, future, the farm, the beans and corn. I liked seeing the knife and the man picked up food with the knife and ate with it, but he had the blade turned from his mouth.
The Grist Mill was neat to see, it was really pretty in the woods and the creek. I loved running up the side of the mountain with the trees everywhere. It was funny when David got stuck in the thorns. It was so beautiful out there in Tennessee, the grass was green and the trees were everywhere, I love it so much. We had a lot of fun.
Thank you Grandpa, you are the best and I appreciate you and grandma taking me to these places.
Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment