Isaac, I read your report on Daniel Boone and it brought back memories of when I was a kid. Daniel Boone along with other frontiersmen and mountain men were my heroes. I used to spend a lot of time in the woods with my dog Old Rusty, my bb gun and hunting knife. I sometimes would build a fire and cook something to eat pretending to be an explorer of uncharted wilderness. Sometimes I would build a hut of poles and cover it with pine branches make believing that I was surviving like Daniel Boone must have done.
I also enjoyed reading about the first English settlers to come to North America. These were the men who started the colony of Jamestown Virginia in 1609. I liked the stories of Captain John Smith and the Indian girl Pochantas who saved his life when her tribe was going to bash his head with a wooden club. John Smith saved the colony from starvation when he issued a law that he took directly from the New Testament.
I had to write to you via e-mail because I messed up on the computer. Your report was great.
Love, Grandpa
Wednesday, March 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment