Saturday, February 21, 2009

Kit Carson

Kit Carson was a mountain man. He trapped animals, he cooked for a hotel, he led other men to the west. They had weapons and fought Indians. Him and another guy went across a canyon barefooted. He had woman troubles. He married 3 times, one died, one kicked him out and he finally found one that liked him. He was a sheepherder and a mailman. Kit was in the civil war. He resigned from the army and he got sick, he couldn't breath the doctors found a tumor in his throat. His wife died having their 4th baby in April, and Kit died in May. His nephew cooked him a dinner, Kit ate it and then he coughed up blood and died. They buried Kit and his wife in Nevada and named a town after him. Carson City, Nevada. they put a saying over the federal building in him honor "He Led the Way".

2 comments:

  1. Isaac, this is a great review of Kit Carson's life. I did not know all those things about him. I only knew that he faught Indians and was an army scout and helped explore the west. I had forgotten that Carson City was named for him. Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaac, this is a great review of Kit Carson's life. I did not know all tose things about him. I only knew that he fought Indians and was an army scout and helped explore the west. I had forgotten that Carson City was named for him. Love, Grandpa

    ReplyDelete